Pages

Thursday 21 January 2016

Spreading the Happiness

Hi Everyone

I have something slightly different and please please don't anyone be offended this is purely a bit of fun and nothing dark and sinister!

It's time for a new challenge over at Creative Craft Cottage.  


The Theme for the next fortnight is Anything Goes.  Please come on over and join in with us, we love visiting your blogs and seeing what you all create.  We have two wonderful sponsors for this challenge and I got to work with an image from ppinkydollsart called How Beautiful


Thank you to both our sponsors for providing us with such great Images to work with.

I have a friend who has been feeling down lately.  She is a huge ppinkydollsart fan and I wanted to make her something a bit different from just a card to send her and cheer her up.  I was researching on the net ways to add a little happiness and I came across a spell site which had loads of spells for different things and this one jumped out at me.  I asked the site if it was ok to use it and others in my crafting and they gave me permission. I have seen the criss cross cards around blogland and I wanted to have a go at one so what better way to present a little happiness spell than inside a criss cross card. It's not anything I have ever thought about doing but I know that she will find it all a bit of fun and it will likely make her smile.  Mission accomplished!

I made the basic card using a tutorial I found and it turned out slightly smaller than I wanted so I adapted the measurements and made the card base to suit.  I used a Bazzill Basics for the base card and the patterned papers are from Lili of the Valley.  I coloured the Image using ProMarkers and a Clear Star Gelly Roll Pen.  I then used a X-Cut Circle Die to cut it our.  This was then layered onto a Scalloped Circle which I cut using a Spellbinders die.  I cut two of the Memory Box Loveland Corners out.  One in Green and One in Pink and then used the butterflies from the Pink One and added them onto the Green one (Think that made sense!!)  I typed the Spell Ingredients and Method and printed them from my PC.  I mounted this onto the Bazzill.  I used my favourite tool in my craft  box which is my X-Cut Corner Punch to round the edges and added Pink satin bows.  I decorated the top edges with string Pearls and then finished by adding pink and white pearls around the image.

That was a longer post than I usually do so I hope you are all still with me lol!













Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today and sharing my rather unique idea!  Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think.  Hope to see you again soon.

14 comments:

  1. How pretty your coloring is, and all those embellishments for your criss cross card with the pull out tag sentiment is wonderful! Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #25.
    crafty hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back with my other hat this time, Lisa! Thanks for playing in the {Our Crafty Corner Challenge}! Hope to see more of your pretty projects again soon!
    crafty hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty love Ppinky, great design. Thank you for joining us at Our Crafty Corner. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous, beautiful design and such pretty extras. Thanks so much for playing this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree {DT Lil Patch of Crafty Friends}

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to be thanked The image is adorable.Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, the image is so sweet and I love the pretty pink butterflies and that sweet paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your card with the 'Anything Goes' challenge over at CRAFTY FRIENDS... your card is so lovely and the image is fab.. good luck in the draw and hope to see you again.
    Diane Louise (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    super cute card
    thanks to participate at crtafting for all seasons
    hugs Lisbeth
    DT-crafting for all seasons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card Lisa for your friend, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends this time, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely very thoughtful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky.Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me again - such a sweet card!
    Thank you for sharing with Create and Inspire!
    Susan
    DT for Create and Inspire!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!



    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, A fabulous project, great colour scheme and lovely style and design. Thank you for joining us this fortnight at Crafting For All Seasons Good luck. We hope to see you again for our next challenge.
    Erin (Challenge Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Lisa, thank you for sharing with us at Crafting with an Attitude - good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete

Hi There. I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Hope to see you again soon